1969 - 1970
Director: George F. Kramer
Assistant Coach: Joe Murray
- President: Marty Comiskey
- Vice President: Vicki Annin
- Secretary: Lani Smith
- Treasurer: Bob Schwartz
- Historian: Carol Nyberg
- Best Act: Vaulting - Dave Cheng, Marty Comiskey, Ron Contino, Doug Elleby, Howard Griffin, Peter Howe, Aaron Johnson, John Lewis, Larry Lipman, Jerry Momii, and Mike Witenstein
- Best Female Trouper: Vicky Annin and Roberta Huber
- Best Male Trouper: Michael Witenstein
Oasis of Sanity
"Thinking back on my college days it is my involvement with the Gymkana Troupe that really stands out in my heart. The gym was an oasis of sanity in the turbulent years of the late 60s and early 70s."
It was the time of Woodstock, hippies, tie dyed clothes and protest marches. College Park experienced it all. In the mid-60s the protests on campus had generally been about Dining Hall food (a concern that has never lapsed for resident students). Now the protests were over the draft and the war in Vietnam.
In the middle of it all, Gymkana managed to go on.
Astrology was a popular movement at the time, with the dawning of the Age of Aquarius. Gymkana reflected it in its Home Show theme, "Mystic Revelations".
"The wind is soft, the night is silent, and you stand in solitude, gazing at a sky brilliant with stars. Serving as guideposts to your wandering vision, are the constellations; not just haphazard scatterings of light, but carefully-wrought patterns and strange designs--designs which might somehow have a bearing upon your life. This language of the sky, the Zodiac, has eluded man's scientific understanding; the stars have guarded their secret well. But the mystery surrounding the Zodiac might in itself be considered a gift; it allows you to escape into a world of your own unrestricted imaginings, a world which weaves a very special magic--the simple yet wondrous magic of believing. Come--believe with us tonight, as the Gymkana Troupe looks to the stars."
1970 Home Show Program
- Glen Burnie High School
- Edgewood High School
- Cabin John Junior High School
- Benjamin Stoddert Junior High School
- White Oak Junior High School
- Sligo Junior High School
- Colonel Richardson High School
- Governor Thomas Johnson High School
- Home Show